Echo Books, an imprint of Wintertickle Press is now accepting mental health short story submissions for upcoming anthology. Get published along side #sicknotweak founder, Michael Landsberg.
Wintertickle Press, along with author Natalie Harris, will be publishing a book that will be a compilation of stories written by Mental Health Revolutionaries—ordinary people who have or care for someone with a mental health issue and who have experienced some sort of growth, discovery or perspective shift during their journey. The revolution is in the sharing itself. By opening up and talking about mental health, the stigma is slowly being chipped away from society as a whole. We are inviting you to be part of this incredible revolution.
The story can be about a single point or a day in the life—or it can even chronicle an entire life-time journey. The story is up to you, however, the theme is always (no matter how small) growth, discovery or perspective shift.
Here are some guidelines you need to know before submitting your story:
1. There is no minimum word count, however, your story must be less than 5000 words. They should be submitted in the body of the email (no attachments please) and include your name, email address, telephone number and a short 50-word bio.
2. We realize that sometimes mental health is tied to trauma. If the trauma is crucial to understanding your story, then please include it. However, excessive focus on or glorification of the trauma is discouraged. Remember, the theme is growth. We don’t want to give power to the trauma; instead we want to celebrate growth, discovery or perspective shift.
3. All stories should be written from your point of view—so first-person perspective. Yep, you can use the word "I."
4. To submit your story, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that by submitting your story, you agree to allow Wintertickle Press to consider it for publication in the anthology. You also agree that your submission is a piece of original writing and to all the rules and regulations below. The deadline for sending your submission is midnight, May 31, 2018.
5. Please note that not all stories will be chosen. This is not a reflection on you, your story or your writing (honest!). We will have limited space and will need to include a variety of stories to create a flow to the book. Repeated themes, need for diversity, or not enough space may dictate what we can include.
Time to get writing Revolutionaries!
Rules and Regulations (Or better known as the fine print)
By submitting content, you are consenting to these rules:
1. You agree not to submit inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that:
· infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person
· is libelous or defamatory
· violates a person’s right to privacy
· violates any local, provincial, national, or international law
· contains or advocates illegal or violent acts
· degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification
· is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass
· misrepresents your identity or affiliation
· impersonates others
2. If you are under the age of 18, you may submit content only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these rules for the benefit of an individual under the age of 18, please be advised that you are fully responsible for his or her submissions and any legal liability that he or she may incur.
132 Commerce Park Drive, Unit K, Suite 155